Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Whatta weekend!

Wow- this last weekend just flew by! James' birthday was Monday, so we spent the whole weekend celebrating! Except for the fact that both the Chargers and Brett Favre lost on Sunday- the weekend was tremendous!
We ate at way too many restaurants and did not get enough exercise. But we did get plenty of relaxation in. It was also great that my Dad congratulated James on turning 30 and James got to reassure my him that he was, in fact, still in his 20's! At least for one more year, anyway. Next year is going to have to be a blow-out birthday party, to distract James from turning 30- he's already dreading it!

Now....Harrison is back in school, after being "off-track" for 5 weeks! And I could not be happier! Life is so much easier with that school routine. I'm really not sure if I'm a fan of the year-round school yet. It's great that he doesn't have 3 months off during the summer, I think that's good for his mental ability to learn fluidly. And Harrison doesn't know the difference because we've always had him in year-round, so he doesn't really know the significance of "summer vacation". But it's harder on parents I think, to find day care for that length of time during the off-track periods.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is staying warm and dry wherever you may be around the country!

0 comments: