First off, I must say that I found the cutest blog backgrounds on my friend, Brooke's, blog. Maybe everyone already knows about the website, but in case you don't here it is: thecutestblogontheblock.com. Go check it out.
Secondly, I have found that if I commit my resolutions to writing and expose them to other people, I tend to be more active in keeping them up. For example, last year my resolution was to blog more- and I blogged about it and I've been blogging ever since. Especially since the move to Sacramento left me with an 8 hour drive to my mom's house. It's a great way to let everyone who you don't live so close to know what's going on! It helps me feel more connected and less like a Nor-Cal resident. (Still hard for me to wrap my head around).
Which brings me to my third point. 2008 was an amazing, terrifying, thrilling, unbelievable year for me and my family. I can't even begin to list all of the changes, accomplishments, successes and losses we have experienced. And yet, I feel like it was all intended to prepare us for what is in store for 2009. Do I sound worried? Do I sound like I'm expecting some great tribulations to come our way? Well, when you turn on the news these days, it's hard not to. I know that the financial crisis (that's apparently what its been labeled so far) has hit EVERYBODY, no matter who you are. And we've all been affected at different levels and in differing degrees. But I do believe, that perhaps Senator McCain actually got it right (and don't quote me on this) when he said he believed our fundamentals are strong. My family is strong, my marriage is strong, my friendships are strong, and my will is strong. So, whatever 2009 has to offer- bring it on, and I can endure it.
Will it be easy? I'm certain that it will not be. But I do know that ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. So for now and for the rest of the year, I will be reminding myself of everything that this country, this state and this family have ever been through- and I will know that we can get through whatever this financial crisis brings upon us. And not only can we get through it, we can help others get through it as well. James and I will be helping homeowners stay in their homes, avoid foreclosure and avoid bankruptcy. We will be drafting legislative to help the disadvantage, women and children of our community. And we will build and maintain our home and family. These are the things that I will be proud of when 2009 comes to an end.
I hope that this year brings you health, peace and happiness.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Resolved: Optimistic Endurance
Posted by Jessica Snyder at 11:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to have a good attitude! It sounds like you two will do great things together. The times are scary, but I feel like we have all had it pretty easy for a while and now it's time to see what we're really made of. :) Thanks for the cute Christmas card. We are sending out baby cards instead this year and we just finished them. Please send me your address so I can get one in the mail to you. Happy New Year!
Well said! and cute background too :)
Hey! It sounds like you guys had a great holiday! We love reading your blog!! We will have to get a little more creative in our backgrounds too...
Post a Comment