Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's Only Wednesday!

It's only Wednesday, and I've already:
1. survived my first court appearance in Sacramento
2. travelled to and from Phoenix
3. Seen all 3 of my brothers
4. drafted and filed a motion to compel on a case I know nothing about!
5. gotten in some quality suit shopping
6. house-hunted
7. and fallen deepier in love with my husband.

I'm exhausted, to say the least. I haven't written in the blog for a while- mostly because so much has been going on I can't decide what to write about!
So far, my new job has been going great. I have so many cases to work on and so much new law to learn. Tomorrow, I'm spending the whole day at a conference in downtown Sacramento- it should really force-feed the new laws into my brain and help with some of my new employement law cases.
James and I got back late last night from Phoenix. We were there attending my grandfather's funeral. He had passed away last Thursday, while snow skiing. I guess you can't really ask for a better way to go then doing something you truly love to do! It's always a time for self-reflection when someone passes and this time was no exception. It's been a mentally and emotionally exhausting week. I can't thank James enough for the compassion, understanding and unconditional support he has shown to me. It's an unfortunate thing to have to go through, but it does bring people closer together. And thanks to Kimberly for pug-sitting Sammie while we are away!
On to happier news:
Harrison starts spring break in a little over a week and we are so excited to see him! This is the longest we have gone without seeing him, I think. It's been close to a month now! And it will be almost 6 weeks by the time he finally gets up to Sacramento. We get to talk on the phone to him almost every day, which at first was difficult, but now he has gotten use to talking on the phone so much, and is a lot more chatty. We really can not wait to have for a whole month and I'm so excited to have him home again.

I hope that everyone has been able to stay far away from this horrible flu that is going around. Family in Phoenix had it, Harrison has it in San Diego, and my boss has it in Sacramento! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get it- and we're also drinking Airborne by the gallons! (Yes, I think that Airborne really does work!).

0 comments: