Saturday, November 27, 2010

My next BIG project: Stockings

We have beautiful, handmade, knit stockings that James' grandmother had made for Harrison, James and I before she passed away a few years ago.  They are absolutely amazing and we cherish them because of the skill, time and love that went into them.  Unfortunately, we don't have one for Cassidy to use.  So....I decided to make 4 stockings that all coordinate with each other and that I can (maybe) add onto in the future.  After hours searching online, this is what James and I decided on doing. 

The nutcracker is one of our favorite family traditions every year. So we thought these would be perfect for our family.  And they are made out of felt- so no sewing is involved!! Now, I just have to find the time to cut, glue and decorate them.  And we've started our nutcracker collection- every year, we add one more to it! I can't wait to show them off when they are finished!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jessica..I BELIEVE YOUR MOM IS TURNING INTO A POET..really cute..will have to copy it. your stocking idea is just perfect for you//I waas listening to the dance of the flowersfrom the nutcracter..could just see you dancing in your beautiful blue dress....was fun seeing you and ccassidy...love g-
emma