My lovely, lovely husband takes me to see the Nutcraker every year, and every year we have seen a different one. We really enjoy comparing them and seeing the many differnet interpretations of this wonderful holiday tradition. It's also fun for me to walk down memory lane and remember the nerves and the butterflies I use to feel waiting in the wings during every performance when I was younger. I'm so thankful for the experience I had to be on stage and to perform when I was younger and it's so fun now to remember all those little stresses and growth experiences. Like that time I slipped on the snow when I was on pointe and I had to just jump right back up with a smile on my face (when I really just felt like running and crying off stage!)
This year is a little different- my parents are taking us this year to see the San Francisco Ballet AND its the first year that Harrison will be coming with us to see it. We have never brought him before because I was convinced he wouldn't want to see a ballet and would not be able to sit through the second half. But he begged us to take him with us this year and is actually very excited about it. He went with James to pick out a nice outfit to wear that night and is full of questions about what it is going to be like. This weekend really will be the highlight of holiday season for us and I can't wait to see him experience the magic of a live orchestra, beautiful costumes and engaging performances.
Doesn't it look like it's going to be wonderful?! Only two more days until we get to see it live!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Favorite Holiday Family Tradition- THE NUTCRACKER
Posted by Jessica Snyder at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
That was the most amazing Nutcracker ever. I'm glad Harrison had a good time. Can't wait for the next "little ballerina" in the family :)
Post a Comment