Monday, December 15, 2008

The Easiest Christmas Crafts Ever

In the spirit of only buying what we need, I was trying to use what I've got in decorating my house this year.

I had gotten a bag of the cinammon-scented pine cones to decorate earlier in the Fall.
I took those pinecones and simply spray painted them a shiny gold and now am recylcing them all around my house!
Here's the process, I laid all the pinecones out on brown paper in the garage (with the door a cracked, to prevent the inhaling of too many fumes).

Then I sprayed one side of the pinecones, flipped them over and sprayed the otherside:


After they were dried, I gathered them up and fit them into a tall vase (thanks Aunt Vicky for this beautiful vase) and filled the holes with holly berries and leaves.
Then end product:



Then I had a lot of left over gold spray paint. So I got a little creative and decorated my gift wrap with it. Here's how a few of the presents turned out with a little spray paint and stencils:

2 comments:

Randy and Pam said...

Very creative! Great idea for the wrapping paper!

crazy4danes said...

What a great idea! I love the pine cones too! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! :)