Wednesday, September 24, 2008

YOHZ- MIGHT



So, among all of the things I have to update is our trip to Yosemite we took about two weeks ago. We left only a few days after moving into our new house. It was hectic to get there, but once we were there, we had a very relaxing, no-hassle time- which was very much needed. The most beautiful times were late at night- we would walk around before going to bed and the stars were absolutely amazing. Haven't seen a sky like that since laying on the beaches of Australia. Here are just a few pictures. In the afternoons, the deer would come to graze in the parking lots. Dozens and dozens of deer were just wandering around in between the parked cars. Unbelievable!










I've lived in California for the majority of my life- and I hadn't discovered Yosemite until I was 28 years old!


It's one thing to see the majestic Ansel Adams photographs; its another thing altogether to be standing in the Valley, looking up and having your breath taken away by the natural beauty of it all. James and I camped out at the Upper Pines campground for 3 star-studded nights. We went on only a few hikes, because we had Sammie and dogs are only allowed on the lower trails. The first day we hiked around the valley and a huge bobcat ran across our path! It FrEaKeD me out! I was able to snap a quick picture after going back to look for it (against James protest).





3 comments:

Holly said...

I would've been freaked out by the bobcat too! Yowsers! What a fun trip! I'm so glad you could get away and enjoy nature's beauty!

Matt & Brooke said...

I love Yosemite....yeah, but not so much bobcats! Beautiful pics!

crazy4danes said...

Great pics!!! I love Yosemite! Glad you guys had a great escape! :)